Independence Day for the Independent Girl
Here are 5 ways to make the most out of your Fourth of July.
by KATIE INTNER ★ JUNE 28, 2017
The Fourth of July means two things: a long weekend and figuring out how to make the most out of the long weekend. The good news is that there is no right way to celebrate America’s birthday. Whether you are having a BBQ under the fireworks with family or swimming and bathing in the sun with friends, the Fourth is a relaxing day to soak up summer. But, there are a few ways to make this year's day of independence extra special.
1. Buy a festive bathing suit, because nothing is more festive than a red, white and blue bikini.
2. Cheers to America! Make a cocktail…or two. If you are feeling extra patriotic cut up fruit into star shapes.
3. Treat yo’ self! Bake these mini pies, and top them off with some patriotic red and blue fruit. And it doesn't hurt that this recipe is easy as pie.
4. Blow up a fun and festive pool float. This red watermelon one is our ideal lounge chair to sunbathe on.
5. Throw on our University Girl Fourth of July playlist and feel more patriotic than ever.
With these festive ideas, you are bound to have a successful independence day. May the Fourth (of July) be with you!